Wednesday, October 7, 2009

And we're back.

Sort of. I'm sure everyone had a wonderful fall break.  It's just apparently a little hard for six year olds to remember how you're supposed to act in school after that long away:)

I was gone yesterday at a conference, but thanks to wonderful Brenda Beckstead, the kids still learned some Chinese. Yesterday they began work on their Brown Bear books, reviewed shapes, learned how to ask "How old are you?"  Ni ji sui?,  and answer "I'm____ years old."  Wo __ sui. , as well as "What is your name?" Ni jiao shenme mingzi.  (Literally, You called what name).

* For help on how to pronounce this and to have your child record themselves saying it, click on the lingt link to the right

Math was practicing ways to add up to and break up the number ten.



And now for today.

It was so good to see all of them again! Today, however, was somewhat like the first day of school all over again, as far as following rules goes. But we'll get it back.

We worked on the Brown Bear book, making a bear out of circles. 

In small groups we worked on number sense, playing games to help them work with greater than and less than and adding numbers, and Chinese literacy.

Thank you for all the snacks that are being brought in, and to all the people that help so much.

I know there are some of you with small children or other circumstances that want to volunteer but cant. I have some things I can send home for you to do (cutting, putting things in folders etc) if you are interested in helping that way. Let me know if you're interested.

2 comments:

  1. I would be interested in helping with things from home. Please let me know how I can help.

    Thanks,
    Julie (Joslynn's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do. I'll send some things home with Joslynn. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete